Over the past 20 years, we've completed hundreds of edgefinishing projects around the globe, establishing ourselves as an industry leader. Through our partnerships with automotive OEMs and their suppliers, we’ve driven innovation to capture lessons-learned, bringing top-of-the-line technology to our clients’ products. With the ability to wrap or fold a variety of materials, we can apply our technologies to many products in the automotive industry and beyond.
Koops’ custom edgewrap and edgefold machines create a clean, crisp look that’s visually appealing and, at the same time, are tailored to meet our clients’ unique specifications. Our tool-pack design allows for multiple product versions to be run on the same machine with minimal downtime for changeovers, while keeping the base design consistent for future models to minimize future capital expenditure.
What are the features and benefits of Koops’ edgefinishing equipment?
- Localized re-thermoforming of a wide variety of substrates
- Fabric wrapping over complex geometries
- Ability to incorporate lamination processes
- Accommodates multiple, cover-stock options in one tool, including knit, suede, and vinyl (restrictions may apply)
- Tight control over process parameters
- Options to integrate component assembly
- Tool pack changes allow for multiple versions
- Finishing experience includes thermoforming, welding, gluing, and staking
- Optimized frame designed for easy maintenance, while decreasing total-machine footprint