Sound and Vibration Testing Machines
A sound and vibration testing machine tests the performance of automotive seat track assemblies. The machine consists of:
- test stand to stand properly fixtures the seat track assembly to mimic its mounting in the vehicle. The test stand also applies a weight to mimic a 70kg user.
- power supply and connection system, that is able to manipulate the seat track through all of its motions
- accelerometers that “detect” vibration
- linear position sensors
- data collection hardware and a PC, that uses the vibration and linear position data to make a judgment as to if the seat track assembly is of an acceptable quality
- Tilt out part loading for ergonomics
- Seat track traceability via a bar code and interaction with the plant database
Capability to communicate and store test data on a plant network.